Lakes of Fire’s Need Based Ticket (NBT) program (formerly the Low Income Discount program) allows a participant to receive a discount when purchasing volunteer and general tickets. We will offer ticket discounts for attendees who meet the program criteria. This year a full price ticket is $180. The discounted price will depend on the number of NBT requests received.
How to Apply
- Register an account with Volunteeripate. You must have an account to purchase a ticket and receive a NBT discount.
- Fill out the Need Based Ticket Application after it opens on March 1st, 2023. The link is also on the Key Dates and Forms page. You will have until March 25th, 2023 11:59 PM CST to complete the application.
- Join the ticket lottery on Volunteeripate or verify that you will receive a volunteer ticket offer before March 25th, 2023.
- NBT participants must still receive a ticket offer through the Volunteeripate ticket system. Requesting a NBT discount does not provide your ticket offer.
- We will notify all applicants after the application window closes.
What We Consider
The NBT discount is available to anyone currently experiencing a significant financial need. A significant financial need is a level of income and resources that would make it substantially difficult or impossible to participate in LOF without the assistance of a reduced price ticket. While we have removed a hard income cap and no longer require financial information (like tax forms), the amount of financial aid that can be offered remains limited. The more applications we receive, the smaller the individual assistance we can provide to our community. We trust our community to only apply if there is significant financial need, whatever that may mean to you.